We are trying something a little different when it comes to story telling in a segment we are trying to develop for our Kink and Sexuality podcast. Our segment takes on a narrative approach, with your story. Currently we are looking for people who will tell their story.
Our goals with the our story collections are to try and provide another voice for people to maybe reach a target audience that other podcasts may not. We are also gathering stories from the kink community, LGBTQ community, etc. Ultimately we want to provide a venue for all sorts of folks to be able to tell the world who they are with pride and dignity in themselves.
How would a sex worker like to talk to and connect with the communities who listen to your show, many of whom are part of these communities? Please tell us your story, we would love to hear it! Our goal is to educate and open the minds of people in this world. It only takes reaching one person to begin making a change. Will you help us reach that person?
We are currently looking specifically for stories from Sex Workers.
Below are some questions to ponder for your story. Story telling is a very powerful way to get a message across. It not only enables a person to heal, but can also touch another person and heal them as well.
- How old were you when you first began to work in the sex industry?
- Why did you choose sex work to make a living?
- What form of sex work do you specialize in?
- Do you enjoy your work? Why?
- How has sex work impacted your life and mental health?
- What did it specifically impact in your life?
- How has it affected your mental health?
- Has your profession had a positive impact on your life in anyway?
- Does your family know about your work life?
- How do they feel about it?
- Are you a parent? Has your work affected your parenting at all?
- What health scares have you had to face in your work?
- Did this cause any change in your work and safety practices?
- Have you faced legal challenges due to sex work?
- How were you treated by physical/mental health professionals?
- Were you able to find the help you needed from professionals?
- Has your work led you to fear for your life or safety? Why?
- What do you feel could help sex workers to feel more empowered?
- Is there any changes to law you would like to see?
- Are there any words of encouragement or advice you would like to say to someone who may be contemplating sex work as a profession themselves?
This is by no means a definitive list for telling your story. It is meant as a means to help guide you on your story.
Leave us a comment or click the Contact tab and send us a message. We look forward to hearing from you!!
Other topics we are interested in stories on are:
BDSM Lifestyle Related
Polyamorous Lifestyle Related